Fun Friday!


WINNER! -
The Woman in Black - Amanda Ray! - and she won with her extra entry for commenting.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

This month as part of my "Friends and Family" reading I decided to do interviews of some of my family and friends. I will be posting them all throughout the month whenever there is not a review and on Fun Fridays. So since there are about 15 of them and i do have a lot of reviews... I will probably have a post almost every day in Nov. I gave everyone the same 10 questions. It is interesting to read all the different answers. 
My comments will be in red, please comment with your reactions and even questions for the interviewee. I have interviews from a few of my family members, some great blogger friends, and even a few Author friends! 


And for my first interview - My daughter!
My daughter - "Fictionista" aka Ashley is 24, has a cute apartment, a wonderful job working with people with Alzheimer's, and has a wonderful boyfriend. She is very intelligent, warm, caring, and is my best friend. Please check out her blog - HERE  

1. How long have you lived in your area?
I have lived in central New York all my life (24 years) but in Ithaca specifically it has been three years.

2. What are the best things about living there and what are the worst?
My apartment is in the country, which I love. Plenty of nature surrounding me for miles, beautiful scenery, wildlife etc. but the city of Ithaca is close enough that I don't have to make a whole day out of “going to town.”

There is also a lot to offer entertainment wise. Ithaca is, in a way, a mini NYC. It has the fast paced, city life day or night mixed with local small town color. Art and music galleries/studios are big here, as are wineries and don't forget the festivals. Pick a weekend in summer, and somewhere in Ithaca there will be a festival. The area also caters to the outdoorsy type; many parks, trails, camp sights and waterfalls. I am so glad that you love Ithaca since that is basically where I grew up. Ithaca will always hold a special place in my heart.

The negative aspects of the area, while good for business, the college life takes over at times. Having several colleges in the area the place is one big college town! Ha! That is the one thing I always hated. Being a "townie" we always hated the students. We loved summer when most of the students were gone and we had the whole town to ourselves.

3. What is your favorite food to eat? And what is your favorite food to cook?
Pizza, and oreos, and mac n' cheese (my mom's). Awww 

Favorite food to cook… eggs. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day and eggs are one of my favorite breakfast foods, so I like to experiment.

4. What is your favorite smell or scent?
Nothing smells better to me than freshly brewed coffee. My boyfriend also has an amazing scent that I can't quite figure out considering he doesn't use cologne. There is also a Yankee candle that is called Midsummer's Night, smells like a GQ model! My room mate in college and I used to burn that candle all the time and when we walked in the room we would exclaim, “Smells like a MAN in here!” (In a good way)

5. If you were given a week and all the money you need - how would you spend it?
Getting married, going on a honeymoon and buying a house. Hmmmm
OR

Traveling with my boyfriend, hitting as many places as we can.

6. What is the last music you listened to (and be honest!)?
Country, I think it was “Truck Yeah” by Tim McGraw boy I don't know if I know that song yet. I will have to check it out.

7. If you could give one million dollars to one charity, what would it be? and why?
Alzheimer's Association. Why? Think of all the things that are important to you, all of the people in your life, all of the events that have made you who you are today, all of the things you do that make you feel accomplished, needed, and give you a purpose. Write them down. Now throw that paper in the trash, those things are gone. The people you once loved are strangers, every memory that you cherished is erased, and don't even worry about going to work or accomplishing something, simply putting your pants on takes about 20 minutes of concentration and when you finally get that foot into the pant leg, you look at the shirt lying on the bed and you can't, for the life of you, remember why it's there or what you are supposed to do with it. You used to be somebody, you used to stand for things, you used to have a reason to live. Now, those things that made you who you are have been stripped away and there is nothing you can do to get them back or to stop it from getting worse.

Check out the Alzheimer Asso. of NY - HERE

I work at an assisted living facility for elderly with Alzheimer's disease, so I see, first hand, what a horrible disease it is. The Alzheimer's Association is dedicated to searching for a cause and of course a cure.

You do know how proud I am of you and what you do, don't you? That is a very special career; it takes a very special person.

8. What is the one thing around the house that you hate doing?
Cleaning it. I pretty much hate all household chores but laundry is my worst nightmare. Yeah for me too since you bring it over here to do half the time - LOL. It's such a long process, the washing, the drying, the folding and the putting away… takes hours! But much more fun if doing it while watching a movie.

9. What is your favorite thing to do for fun?
Spend time with family, watch TV, read, play guitar.

10. Surprise me!
My mother, the author of this blog, is not just the world's greatest mother, but also my best friend. She is the one person I know will always be there for me no matter what. She raised me with acceptance and love. She taught me about passion and drive and how to believe in yourself. She also taught me about patience and forgiveness. She always made sure I had the opportunity to thrive, even if it meant putting her own needs last. When she decided to have a child, she didn't just make a place for me in her life, she made me her whole life. If there is anyone in the world I strive to be, it is my mother.

Awww you know everytine you say something like this it brings tears to my eyes! Every time there is something I want to go do for fun and want someone to come along - I always think of you first! I always wanted an "only child" even when I was a teen that was my plan. Its always been the two of us.
And I think you turned out pretty darn good!
  
  

Comments

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you two are too cute! I hope my daughter is my bff some day.

    Great interview!

    Sounds like you have an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome yes, challenging more often than not but totally worth the stress. Spending 8 hours 5 days a week with the same people, my residents are like family to me and I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

      Delete
  2. I still have to send you the answers to my questions! I have been super buy on the home front, but I am so glad that you are doing these interviews. I will get mine back to you soon!! I promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the interview mom and I meant every word. When something happens, you're the first one I want to tell. When there's something fun to do, you're the one I want to do it with! As much as I whined about being an only child and wanting a sister, you really made up for any lack of "sisterly companionship" I may have had. You were my mom, my friend and my sister all in one! (Have I made you cry again?) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome to have this kind of connection with another human being, especially if that person is your mother.

      Delete
  4. Awww!! I have tears in my eyes! This was such a wonderful interview and I could really see how close you two are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww get a grip girl, LOL. No seriously, she is my best friend. But I knew that when she was born that we would have this connection! It takes all your heart and soul to raise a daughter the right way. Every minute was worth it!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love this interview! I'm hoping that I can have as good a relationship with my kids when they are all grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita! I just finished your book!
      Just have a very open mind, don't get freaked out by the things they tell you, always support them, and always have a listening ear.

      Delete
  6. What a good interview! I can't believe I missed coffee as a favourite scent since its one of mine as well. Shame on me!

    I think it's amazing that you work with Alzheimer's patients Ashley. My uncle has been in assisted care for over fifteen years now. He hasn't known anyone for many years now and it is truly a devastating illness. A cure or even a way to prolong the memory somehow would be an amazing miracle.

    As for you and your mom. I've said this before but I think you're both so lucky. I love my mom but she's never made me her number one and has never really strived to have much of a relationship with me either so when I read about you two I get tears in my eyes. I think it's wonderful the relationship you have and that you both treasure it so much.

    Anyhow, it's been nice getting to know you a bit better Ashley!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts