The Truth of the Matter, by Andrew Klavan

5 stars!

Another excellent book by the Edgar Award winning and best-selling author Andrew Klavavn!
I am loving this series. This is the the third novel in the Homelanders series. He is the author of such bestsellers as True Crime and Don't Say a Word (Yes! Same as the movie with Michael Douglas). Hometown: Santa Barbara, California. Books Sold to Date: over 1.5 million. Visit the author online - HERE

About the book: Charlie is certain that if he could just regain his memory, the chaos around him would make sense. But the truth of the matter is even more incredible than he could imagine.
Charlie West was an ordinary high school kid who went to bed one night and woke up in the clutches of terrorists and wanted by the police for murder. He also woke up with no memory of the events of the past year.
Now Charlie has found the one person who knows what happened . . . and who can help him remember. But remembering is painful--as well as dangerous--and figuring out what to do with this new knowledge may be Charlie's toughest challenge yet.

My Review: This whole series is so exciting! Andrew Klavan is an excellent story teller. There are very vivid descriptions, great character development! I really could see every scene in my mind.
Again I have to repeat myself - The main character, Charlie is like a teenage "James Bond". This book, like all the others, reads like a movie. I was hanging on every word. This book is suppose to be a YA book, but it is clearly not just for teens, I was totally engrossed. This book is clean (no sex, no swearing). I recommend this for males or females from age 14 on up to 110!
Read my reviews of the first 2 books here - The Last Thing I Remember (the first book)  and  The Long Way Home (book 2)

Thank you "Thomas Nelson Group" for giving me a copy of this book to review!

I had intended on giving away the series of three after reading this book, but... There is going to be a forth! The final book is coming out in Aug. of 2011. So... Sometime in Sept. I will be giving away the whole series of 4 books! Won't this make someone a nice Christmas gift next year!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts