Love is in the air!
This idea comes from "Weekly Geeks" a Valentines Day assignment.
- favorite love stories - I don't read much "Romance" or at least ones that I would call favorites. But my recent favorite love story would have to be the "Sugar Maple" series by Barbara Bretton. Great love story with a twist of Paranormal. My favorite classic love story would have to be "Love Story" by Erich Segal, one of my favorite books.
- favorite romantic movie - This one is easy! "Sleepless in Seattle" hands down one of the most romantic movies ever! I've seen it prob. 20 times and still cry EVERY time!
- favorite love songs -Well this one is a little different - "I Love You" by Martina McBride. Why is this my favorite love song? Because this song is what made me fall in love with Country music! I had always hated country music. Then in the mid 90's country music started to change. This was the first country song I ever liked! And Martina McBride to this day remains one of my favorite singers! I even named my cat Martina!
- favorite romantic get away - Hmmm, for me would have to be the Adirondacks. There is nothing like being on a lake, or in the middle of a lake in a canoe, or on top of a mountain, or in the middle of the woods connecting with nature to put you in the mood for love!
- a personal love story you'd like to share - That one again is easy! Meeting my husband. I had been a single mom for 5 years (starting 2 weeks after my daughter was born). I had a couple of "boyfriends" but nothing lasting. I had decided I wanted to be alone for a while and just connect with my daughter. A friend of mine started mentioning this guy she wanted me to meet. I kept saying no, not right now, I need more time. After weeks of friendly harassment by my friend "just meet him" "he's perfect for you" "you have so much in common" etc. I finally gave in "All right! You can give him my number but please tell him I do not want a relationship, I just want to go out for fun, nothing serious." He called me that night! I agreed to go for pizza and a movie. The night he was to show up I started getting nervous. I had never even met him, never even seen him! What was I thinking going on a blind date? I heard him pull up and thought, "Well I can peek through the blinds and if I don't like what I see I can always pretend I'm not home." So I peeked, and hmmm, not bad, OK I'll answer the door. 4 months later - we were engaged! Another 4 months later - we were married! That was 16 years ago and we are still happy!
- favorite couple in a book - Ha! Chloe and Luke!!!! From the Sugar Maple series, starting with "Casting Spells" Absolutely love those two. I think they should make a movie about them!
- things you like or don't like about romance. - I have never really cared for strictly "romance books" and I really hate explicit sex in books. It just makes me uncomfortable and icky. I usually skim and go blah blah blah, till its over.
*** Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway! - HERE