This idea comes to you from Weekly Geeks.
The idea is simple. Tell us ten things about you with regard to books and reading. Let your imagination run wild!
For instance: New or old? Hard back or soft? One or lots at a time? Bookmarks or not? What genres? What authors? Favorites? Habits? Stuff you like. Stuff that bugs you.
I think you get the idea. You don't necessarily need to use my thoughts above of course. Those are just to get you started. And when you are done, we should be able to get a nice big picture of your reading/bookish personality.
Have fun with this! Be creative! Then be sure to visit around to other participants to see how you compare to everyone else's bookish personalities.
Mark, get set, GO!
1. New or old? - I like both new and old books. I do read a lot of old and out of print books. I love going to used book stores and Book sales and picking up old books. But then I also read some new books and ARC's for reviewing. So its about even.
2. One or lots at a time? - I used to try reading a couple at a time as long as they were very different from each other but then I usually ended up dropping one in favor of the other. So I guess I really stick to just one at a time.
3. Bookmarks or not? - I love bookmarks! I actually collect bookmarks, I have tons of them! I have thought of taking pictures of them and posting them on my blog... someday. I actually take my time in choosing which bookmark I will use for each book. I try to have the bookmark kinda match the book.
4. What genres? - This is a great question! I actually do not stick to just 1 or 2 genres, I love reading a lot of different lkinds of books. These are my favorites - Historical Fiction, Christian Historical Fiction, Chick-Lit, Christian Chick-Lit, General Woman's Fiction, Some Thriller, Suspense, Non Fiction, Memoirs & Bios, Travel Books, Some Paranormal books (not typically Vamp. books though)... hmm there is prob more I am not mentioning, a few classics but not really many (I'm not really the Classics kind) Probably really the only kind I do not read is Mystery and True Crime. And I NEVER read Erotica! EEEWWW!
5. How many? - I typically read 1 -2 books per week. Totally depending on the book. Some books I have gone through in one day, and some take me the whole week to finish them.
6. Books or e-reader? - Both! I love books and will never give them up. I love looking at them. I love the covers. I love looking at the back and inside cover. I love book stores. Everything about books!
But I just got a nook color and I LOVE it!!!!!! I have read several books on it already. and now I will also never give up my nook! I do believe you can be in favor of both.
7. Women or Men? I cringe as I say this because I do not want you to think of me as sexist, but I do prefer Women Authors. A huge majority of the books I read are by women. That is not to say that I never read books by men - I do (just not as many) and that is not to say that I hate men Authors (I don't) Some of my fav. men Authors are - Ted Dekker, Robin Cook, John Saul, Sidney Sheldon, John Grisham, Stephen King, just to name a few.
8. Just how often during the day do you read? - I read all the time! I read during the commercials, and even the TV show if the book is better! I read while cooking. I read while waiting for my hubby (which is most of my life, LOL) I always take a book with me where ever I go. I read in the morning, in the afternoon and at night. I even read while I eat if I am alone.
9. Do you like sad books? - YES, I do. I don't know why. But if they can make me sob, it is a sure sign of a good book. I like sad movies too!
10. Do you use the Library? - I go every week. I used to work at the library so I was there 3 times a week. I do still get lots of books from the library. I think I get more inter-library loan books that anybody else in our library! And I have my library card number memorized.