Today (Tues. March 8) is International Women's day! I thought this would be a good opportunity to list some of my favorite Women in history.
1. Amelia Earhart - this fascinating brave woman has always been a favorite of mine!
2. Rosa Parks - My daughter did a report on her in grade school, very brave little girl indeed!
3. Helen Keller - What she accomplished with all her disabilities, you wouldn't know she had any!
4. Annie Sullivan - she has been one of my Heroes since I was a little girl! I always wanted to be just like her.
5. Elizabeth Cady Stanton - one of the founders of Woman's rights!
6. Harriet Tubman - brought over 300 slaves to freedom.
7. Joan of Arc - Burned at the stake for religious beliefs, brings tears to my eyes! Would we be that brave?
8. Anne Frank - Hid to escape persecution by the Nazis, was found and left behind her Diary.
9. Mary Magdalene -One of Jesus' most devoted followers! And a woman of "ill-repute".
10. Mother Teresa - A truly selfless person! One of the greatest.
Of course this is not the end of the list, I could go on and on. But these are some of my favorites.