Click on button to sign up!
The official start date - April 9th! My daughter and I are all signed up. I am number 8! Woot woot, I wanted to be number 1, but 8 is pretty good. Who else is doing this? Let me know if you are so we can visit each other.
My daughter is trying to get the day off work, then she'll come over here and we will do it together. That is one of my "helpful hints".
Helpful hints (for newbies) -
1. Try to do it with someone else, even for just part of the time. You can keep each other awake.
2. Read short books! I make it a habit to read nothing over 250 pages, YA books work well.
(My friend Shanyn at "Chick loves Lit" has a great YA book review site if you need some suggestions for books.)
3. Get good snacks! Go grocery shopping before hand and get snacks that you really like and that will keep you awake. And snacks that you can eat one handed, LOL, so you can still read of course!
4. Change positions and or chairs. If you keep moving around it will help wake you up.
5. Do little mini exercises and stretches.
6. I do some of the challenges to win prizes, but I only do the quick ones. Some of them are just too time consuming.
7. Save the more exciting book for last!
8. Keep a notebook and pencil next to you to keep track of start and stop times and how many pages and titles of books.
I do hope some of my bloggy friends sign up!