Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins (A Hex Hall Novel)



Also announcing the winner of the book - "Beside Still Waters" by Tricia Goyer....       is Margaret!!!!!!




*****5 STARS*****

ABOUT THE BOOK - 
Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch.

That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.

Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.

But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Acher to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?

MY REVIEW -  This is book 2 in the Hex Hall Series. 
This book was Fabulous!!!! Awesome, amazing, great, funny, scary, suspenseful,  cute, sweet, and just about everything you'd want in a book (a paranormal book that is). I thought I loved Hex Hall (the first book in the series) but this one was even better! I found myself laughing and gasping on the same pages. I was saying AWWW and sitting on the edge of my seat at every turn of a page. Wow, Rachel Hawkins really has something here! I absolutely can't wait till the next book.

One of my favorite lines - "Yeah, except for the whole sleeping with the enemy part, I thought. Wait, not that I would actually be sleeping with... I mean, it's a metaphor. There would  only be metaphorical sleeping."

One thing I really like about this series is that Sophie is a teenager and in the book she actually acts and talks like a teen! Go figure! I hate books where the Author has the teens talking like adults, I find myself saying "A teenager would never say that". In this book Sophie seems real to me. I could picture her as a teen. One character I really loved and would like to see more of in book 3 is - Cal. I really like him.

Well the end is definitely a cliff hanger! It will probably be a whole year before we find out what happens. Rachel - hurry up and write!!!!


I would like to thank "freebookfriday.com", I won this awesome book signed by the Author. I don't think I ever wanted to win a book so much. When I found out I won I felt like a kid at the carnival!

Comments

  1. I have the first book in this series and really want some time to get to it. It sounds fantastic and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on winning this book..
    Love the cover.
    Sounds like a great book.
    RJB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing! I remember you reading the first book, I want to read them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great honest review. I think I remember you recommending me book one of this series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts