End of the Read-a-thon

End of Read-a-thon update -

Total time spent reading - 20 hrs. and 10 min.
Time spent blogging and reading blogs - 3 hrs. and 20 min.
Total bathroom breaks etc. - 30 min (I also read while in the bathroom!)
Total books read - 6 (going on 7)
Total pages read - 1,431


I will post mini reviews on all the books I read coming up next week.

End of event survey

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
3 - 4 in the morning
 
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
"I Heart You, You Haunt Me" this is a story told in poems, very quick reading but also very good!

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I only had a handful of cheer leaders, my main cheer leaders were my blogger friends!
And most of the challenges took too long! People need to keep this in mind when thinking up the challenges, they need to be quick and easy.
 
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
My reading, LOL. I did much better this year!
 
5. How many books did you read?
6 and started a 7th
 
6. What were the names of the books you read?
I Heart You, You Haunt Me
The Julian Game
What I Thought I Knew
The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball
The Taming of the Wind
The Reinvention of Moxie Roosevelt
Started - Matched
 
7. Which book did you enjoy most? 
I Heart You, You Haunt Me
The Taming of the Wind

8. Which did you enjoy least?
The Julian Game

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  
Very likely

Comments

  1. Well done, you did really well. Ilove your header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Congratulation on completing the Read-A-Thon! You an impressive number of pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love reading! I've never done a read-a-thon though it sounds like fun.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like this was totally enjoyable. I joined one year and had fun, but just did not have time to devote this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - 20 hours! That is impressive! You really inspire me to try do better each Read-a-Thon - more hours, more pages. I took a whole lot of breaks, but I think part of the problem was not getting a good night's sleep the night before. Hopefully, next time will be better. At least, I surpassed my stats from last time, so I'm happy with that. Thanks for all your comments. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is Wow. I don't know how you do it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As much as I read, I just don't think I could do this.

    I received a Nook for Christmas this past year. I am on my 18th book in it. I also received some 'real' books and also read them. Think 5 of the them, but might have been more.

    Have you ever read Lauraine Snelling? If not, you should try her. If so, first go to her web site and find the Red River Series so you can start in the correct order. There are 4 or 5 different series about the Red River, the first having 6 books in it. They just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! *sniff* I'm so proud. LOL!

    Don't forget the Shunning is coming on Saturday!!

    I think you will like Lark Rise to Candleford, especially if you like period pieces. There is a total of 4 seasons...easy to find, even in the Library.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts