1. How often do you post and how often do you visit other blogs? -
On my book blog I post a couple times a week or whenever I have a review ready or something interesting to say. On my personal blog I post once a week. I try to visit other blogs a least once a week. My favorite blogs I visit whenever they have a new post.
2. Do you always comment, or do you only comment when there is a contest? - On my favorite blogs, or my "friends" blogs I do try to always comment (I might miss a few post here and there). There are quite a few blogs that I follow that I only comment on when they have something I am really interested in. And there have been a small few blogs that I only commented on when they had a contest.
3. When you "follow" a blog, do you always go back and visit or are there some that you only followed for a contest? During a blog hop or a giveaway hop, I put the most interesting blogs in a folder to be visited later. I visit them for about a month then either add them to my most visited or delete them. I have several labels for the blog folders I have - Favorites (which I visit everytime they post), Weekly (which I visit every week), OK for now (which I try to get to every week but at least a couple times a month), and the hop folder (those awaiting my rating, LOL)
4. How often do you enter book giveaways? - I do not enter every book giveaway! I only enter the ones that I really really want. I have won quite a few books. I think my chances are better if I am not selfish and only enter the ones I want.
5. How long have you been blogging? - I have had my personal blog (I used to do book reviews on there till I separated them) since Jan of 2008, so that's going on 4 yrs! I separated my blogs and have had my book blog since Nov. of 2010, so I am new to the world of Book Blogging!
6. Do you have book giveaways, how often, and why do you do it? - I try to have a couple of giveaways each month. If I get a book for a review and I do not intend on keeping it, I will usually do a giveaway. Why? - The cost of sending a book "media mail" is only $2.something (for now) so I figure for about $5.00 per month I can boost my blog, make others happy, and get rid of some books!
7. What other booky sites do you belong to? - I am on - Goodreads, Shelfari, Librarything,and paperbackswap. I love them all for different reasons!
8. How often do you use "Bookish Memes"? - I have not started doing memes. I don't usually care for most of them. There might be a few I read now and then, but I like the book reviews and just the personal chit-chat on blogs.
9. What do you like or dislike about some blogs? I like blogs that are straight forward and easy to read and ones that do not take forever to load!
What I don't like - blogs that have so much going on that you have a hard time finding the actual post or book review! Also I do not want to have to click on something to read the review, I like it to just be there.
I don't mind a few adds but there are some blogs that have so many adds that it really takes away from the blog itself.
I don't really care for the blogs that do a meme everyday and don't really do a regular post.
Of course I love book giveaways, but it is ok if you don't do them! Some of the blogs I like don't do them at all.
And - I don't really care for the really dark backgrounds with the white writing. Its not that I don't like them, it is just harder to read.
10. Have you gotten close to any bloggers, just through blogging? - Yes, I have gotten very close to several bloggers! I know it does seem strange to be so close to someone you have never met. Some blogs are very personal and you do get to know them. There are some blogs I have been following for years and really consider them friends! You know who you are, wink wink.
OK now its your turn - time to speak your mind!