READ your own Books month!

Hello fellow readers!
Myself, along with a few fellow bloggers, have declared September Read Your Own Books Month!
 Wish my shelves looked like this!

What does this mean? It’s time to read what you want! Many of us have obligations – if you’re a blogger, you might have towering stacks of review copies that are constantly beckoning you. If you’re an avid library user, you may have a huge pile of books you’re trying to read before their due date. September is dedicated to reading those books you’ve purchased and have been sitting on your shelves!

Mouse – One book
Cat – 2-3 books
Giraffe – 4-6 books
Tiger – 7-10 books
Dragon –  11+
I am choosing to do at least Giraffe, maybe I can get to Tiger. I do have a couple other obligations for reviews, but other than that I am free to do this whole heartedly! I have lots of great books on my shelves and that means lots of great books to give away when I am done!
If you would like to try to sign up for this, click on the link to connect with "Chick Loves Lit" - HERE 
Thanks Shanyn for this great idea! 
 

Comments

  1. I should do this. Especially given my Borders trips. Though I was going to turn next year into a read what you own year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! This is such a great idea =D I wanna sign up.. thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I need to do this. Sadly, I'm about to buy a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finally getting around to reading Touch of an Angel which you sent me ... during the summer.
    thanks! and have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great idea, and I am hoping that you have great success with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a blog but I do guest blog posts, for the books I win I post a review on all of them. So, I am not ending up with time to pick one from the pile and just enjoy. I just finished one this morning that I sneaked in. So even though, I can't join, I will try for the cat level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This month, I'm going for Giraffe as well. But that will probably be the total # of books I read, since I typically only read what I want anyways. haha, thanks for always coming by CLL and giving a shout out on my reviews Wendy, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts