ABOUT THE BOOK -
Hope finds the hopeless when a storm hits.It's Christmas weekend 1949, and despite the threat of a storm, the townspeople of Frost are determined to continue their holiday traditions, if only as a means to forget the war that they had all just suffered through. But the suffering hasn't ended for Dottie Morgan who lost her only son in the war. She's preparing to wallow in her isolation for the weekend, when Violet, nearly a spinster at age 29, dares to make a request that will force Dottie to publicly revive the memory of her dead son.
When a storm traps the two women at home with a strange young man who has an unbelievable confession and a neighbor with more to do with Violet's past than she would like, no one can predict how this Christmas will give them all a second chance.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR - Susan May Warren is the RITA award-winning author of thirty novels with Tyndale, Barbour, Steeple Hill and Summerside Press. A four-time Christy award finalist, a two-time RITA Finalist, she's also a multi-winner of the Inspirational Readers Choice award, and the ACFW Carol Award. A seasoned women's events speaker, she's a popular writing teacher at conferences around the nation and the author of the beginning writer's workbook: From the Inside-Out: discover, create and publish the novel in you!. She is also the founder of www.MyBookTherapy.com, a story-crafting service that helps authors discover their voice.
MY REVIEW - I have been a fan of Susan May Warren's books for a while now. This is my 5th book by her I have read. I have loved all of them, except this one. This story just did not click with me for some reason. I found it to be slow and uninteresting. I couldn't connect with any of the characters, and I didn't even like the two main women. I also think part of the problem was that it took place in the 1940's and I am not interested in that time period at all. I didn't dislike it, I just didn't love it either - it was "middle of the road" for me.A full listing of her titles, reviews and awards can be found at:www.susanmaywarren.com.
Link to buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/dp/
1609362152/ref=as_li_ss_til? tag=sprightly-20&camp=213381& creative=390973&linkCode=as4& creativeASIN=1609362152&adid= 1W6V46X88E4D79FGRNE1
One festive winner will receive:
- A brand new Kindle Fire
- Baby, It's Cold Outside by Susan May WarrenBut, wait there’s more! Join Susan May Warren on 10/27 for merriment and a few early Christmas presents at her Baby, It's Cold Outside Christmas party! Grab your Christmas sweaters, socks and pj’s and join Susan and a few friends for a fireside chat about her recent books (Heiress & Baby, It’s Cold Outside), holiday traditions, favorite Christmas recipes, a trivia contest and more! Invite your friends and don’t miss the fun!RSVP here and we'll see you on October 27th at 5 PM PST / 8 PM EST!
I could still tell that this was exceptional writing, it was just not my cup of tea.
Please do not judge this book by my rating alone, others gave it very high ratings (4 and 5 stars!), and praised it.
This will not be my last book by her! As I have said - I have loved all her other books.
THE GIVEAWAY - I am giving away my copy of this book. Remember - do not base your interest on my review!
* Please either comment here or email me at (forevereading at gmail dot com) with your email address!!
* Please be from the US or Canada.
* If you are not a follower, please become one (but not necessary to win).
* Winner will be chosen and announced via random.org on Oct. 21st.
* Winner will then have 48 hrs to respond with their mailing address before a new winner is chosen.
**Please be aware that I do not have any rules on how many of my contests you enter or how many times you win! So good luck everyone!
Thank you "Litfuse" for sending me this copy for review!