All right everyone, the read-a-thon is tomorrow. Who is signed up and ready to go and who is not? Are you cheerleading? Do you have a contest? Let me know what you are doing?
1. Change your sitting position - good for another 10 min. at least.
2. Get up and change chairs and sitting position - good for 20 min.
3. Either brush your teeth and/or wash your face vigorously - good for 30 min.
4. Eat something yummy or chocolatey - good for 20 - 30 min.
5. Yell at your co-reader for them to WAKE UP! - usually only good for 5 - 10 min.
6. Get up and stretch or do a simple exercise - good for 20 min.
7. Text a friend in PA that is also doing the RAT and see if she is still awake - good for 10 min.
8. Put toothpicks in your eyelids - doesn't work, only painful. Put toothpicks in your co-reader's eyes? Haven't thought of that one! That's probably good for a few min., but you'll be laughing not reading.
9.Taking a quick 10 min. nap - maybe good for 20 - 30 min.
10. Giving up and just going to bed! - good for 0 more min!
Snacks I plan on having -
1. Brownies for the middle of the night (thanks to Jen@Random)
2. Cheese & crackers
3. Trail mix and/or Chex mix
5. Veggie tray with ranch dip
7. Chocolate covers pretzels couldn't find, bought Oreos instead!
Coffee, iced tea, juice
Things NOT to do during the RAT -
1. Sleep, duh!
2. Drink wine (it'll put you to sleep faster than a boring book!)
3. Drink too much coffee - you'll have a "high" than a real low and fall asleep
4. Read really long books - No - "Gone with the Wind" as much as I love it!
5 Read really boring books - No - "Dr. Zhivago" snore city!
6. Get really comfortable - do not sit in your best recliner! They are made for sleeping.
7. Lie down, Never, NEVER lie down except in the first 2 hrs!!!
8. Eat nice warm comfort food - no Mac&cheese, no turkey! Sleep food.
9. Watch TV, um, you are suppose to be reading!
10. Clean house, cook dinner, tend to the hubby, get groceries, do laundry, This is your day off of these things, NO WORK - just READ!
And finally, pictures of my beautiful books -
(these are the ones that came in from the library, along with a few eBooks)
How many of these lovely books do I plan on reading, 4 - 5. The past RATs I have read 4 1/2 books - every time! This year I am going for a full 5!
My first and second book I will read -
1. "The Green Witch" by Alice Hoffman (love her!)!!! I am sooo excited about this one. I read "The Green Angel" a few months ago and it was sooo Amazing! It is short and quick and a good way to get one book done.
2. "The Last Little Blue Envelope" - Again I read the first one - "13 Little Blue Envelopes" and I loved it!
After that - what ever tickles my fancy at the time! My friend Jen said she had - "Blond with a Wand" so maybe we can read that at the same time??? Jen? What do ya think?
Contest!!!!! - Yep I am doing an unplanned contest!
Who ever comments on my posts the most during the read-a-thon will win a real nice prize!
That does not mean 100 comments on only one post! So don't cheat! You can however comment twice on a few! I will count that. I try to post every hour - so that is aprox. 24 posts. So - if you want to win, you can comment 24 times plus throw in a few extras! If there is a tie, I will simply do a drawing. Everyone is eligible to win! All my family, friends, RAT people (haha that sounds funny) non RAT people, anyone! Make sure at some point you give me your email address (not necessary everytime!!!) So good luck! And Starting Saturday at 8:00 AM Eastern time - START commenting! At 8:00 Sun. sharp - the contest will end! I will add up the comments right then and there and choose a winner.