Nook Shorts (short story reviews from my nook)

4 1/2 Stars
All Rachel Haskin wants is one good man who will accept her and her menagerie of unusual and cold-blooded pets. When her cousin sets her up on a blind date, will Seth Armstrong fulfill her ideal for the perfect husband material, or will he just be another one date catastrophe in the making? 
 4 1/2 Stars
Audrey Robert’s masquerade is about to end in disaster. For years, she’s written love letters to Johnny and signed them with her sister’s name. Now, the man she adores is coming home to marry his pen pal and Audrey is left to face the consequences of her deception.
Injured during D-Day, Johnny Davenport is shipped home. His only plan: to find the woman whose love letters kept him sane and hopeful throughout the destruction of war. Nothing will stop him from drawing out the beautiful, shy girl he left behind and making her his wife.


Now, normally I am not a huge fan of short stories... but recently, with my nook, I have been trying them. Its nice to have something quick to read between books or if you just want a break from the long one you are reading.
I really liked both of these short stories written by a wonderful Author - Kim Watters. I have read two other books by Kim besides these short stories. I really like her books. They are all nice, light, quick reads. And good and clean, so every one can enjoy them! 
I these Kim does a real nice job developing the characters in such a short amount of time. You wouldn't even know you were reading a short story, you also don't feel slighted at the end either. As you are reading them they feel just right! I think I am beginning to like short stories! Bring 'em on!

Kim has said she would come check the blog, so if you have any questions or comments for her please do leave them!

You can buy these - both are just .99 each -
from B&N - HERE and HERE 
And from Amazon - HERE and HERE


Come back tomorrow for a giveaway for all 4 eBooks!
 

Comments

  1. When Johnny comes home sounds like it has a wonderful premise, and I would be eager to read it and see what I think of it. I loved your mini reviews of these to books, and should try to check them out when I can. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Zibilee. Johnnie was fun to write and it wouldbe interesting to see your thoughts on it as well. Check it out if you get the chance. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts