Fun Friday!

Winner!!!
The Descendants - Tia 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speed Reviewing from the RAT -
As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life.
A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency's true goals, she realizes she's at the center of something much larger -- and more sinister -- than she ever imagined. 


REVIEW -  This book was Awesome!! It was my favorite book of the RAT. This is the second book written by author Cat Patrick. Her first book - "Forgotten" was also a 5 star book for me. Cat is an amazing new author that you should definitely give a try!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Isobel’s life is falling apart. Her mom just married some guy she met on the internet only three months before, and is moving them to his sprawling, gothic mansion off the coast of nowhere. Goodbye, best friend. Goodbye, social life. Hello, icky new stepfather, crunchy granola town, and unbelievably good-looking, officially off-limits stepbrother.
But on her first night in her new home, Isobel starts to fear that it isn’t only her life that’s unraveling—her sanity might be giving way too. Because either Isobel is losing her mind, just like her artist father did before her, or she’s seeing ghosts. Either way, Isobel’s fast on her way to being the talk of the town for all the wrong reasons.

REVIEW - I had heard from a couple of different people that this was such a scary book - NOT! I don't get it, this book was not scary at all. It was good, had a great story line, was cute, great characters, but was not scary. Oh yeah, well it did have a ghost or two but not scary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Josey Cirrini is sure of three things: winter is her favorite season, she’s a sorry excuse for a Southern belle, and sweets are best eaten in the privacy of her closet. For while Josey has settled into an uneventful life in her mother’s house, her one consolation is the stockpile of sugary treats and paperback romances she escapes to each night…. Until she finds her closet harboring Della Lee Baker, a local waitress who is one part nemesis—and two parts fairy godmother. With Della Lee’s tough love, Josey’s narrow existence quickly expands. She even bonds with Chloe Finley, a young woman who is hounded by books that inexplicably appear when she needs them—and who has a close connection to Josey’s longtime crush. Soon Josey is living in a world where the color red has startling powers, and passion can make eggs fry in their cartons. And that’s just for starters.

REVIEW - As usual Sarah Addison Allen delivers a great, fun interesting story! While this was not my fav. by her it was a great book! I really believe that I will just love anything she writes. Her stories just flow so nicely and draw you in to the towns and families lives. Of course my favorite parts of her books are the little touches of magic!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At seven minutes past midnight, thirteen-year-old Conor wakes to find a monster outside his bedroom window. But it isn't the monster Conor's been expecting-- he's been expecting the one from his nightmare, the nightmare he's had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments. The monster in his backyard is different. It's ancient. And wild. And it wants something from Conor. Something terrible and dangerous. It wants the truth. From the final idea of award-winning author Siobhan Dowd-- whose premature death from cancer prevented her from writing it herself-- Patrick Ness has spun a haunting and darkly funny novel of mischief, loss, and monsters both real and imagined.

REVIEW - Wow! Well this book was not what I thought it was going to be. I hadn't really read too much about this book I has just heard it was good. I did not realize it was about a boy's mother having Cancer and the boy having to deal with it. The monster he keeps seeing actually helps him to face his deepest fears. - Very well written!

Comments

  1. I love Sarah. I can always count on her awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revive looks darker than my normal reads, but sounds quite fascinating. I did enjoy The Sugar Queen when I read it a couple of years ago. I liked that there was a smidge of spookiness without it getting too creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Revived it not dark at all! It is more suspense than anything.

      Delete
  3. It's amazing how you guys were able to do this. I know me, I would have quit after 6 hours. And it looks like you got some pretty good reads in. I'm going to read Sugar Queen soon and I am trying to get my hands on A Monster Calls.

    Swing by my blog, Wendy. I mentioned you in my Friday post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well next time I actually think my daughter is only going to do it part time and maybe be a cheerleader part time. So - you can only do it part time if you want. I will let you know when the next one is coming up so you can think about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts