Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Tell me what your plans are.

As for me -
Wed. - I will be cooking and cleaning all day! I will try to get most of the food all ready ahead of time. And I have to go pick up the turkey. I order a fresh one every year. That way there is no thawing!

Thurs. - The hubby is coming home in the morning, Yay!
Start cooking the turkey and get the table ready, etc. drink lots of coffee!
Around 1:00 the daughter and her BF will be coming over with squash, bread, and a corn casserole!
The in-laws will be coming over with pies! Yum! dinner rolls, pickle tray, cranberry sauce.
My contribution - the turkey, stuffing (I make great stuffing!), potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, and wine.
We will be eating around 2ish. And people will just hang around for the rest of the day. Divvy out the left-overs etc.

Fri. - Black Friday shopping!!!!! Yeah, I know! but I love it!



Comments

  1. Fun plans! We are actually doing something a little different than normal - traveling on Thanksgiving Day. Lunch will most likely be at McDonald's or whatever is open. Then we are popping everything in the oven as soon as we reach our destination. Here's hoping the oven works! :)

    The rest of the weekend will be filled with family, shopping, games, movies, and football (of course!).

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it sounds like a fun time! I hope you have safe travels and a great time with family!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha!!!! I love the comic! I'm guessing you're the lady with the gun ;)

    It sounds like you are going to have lots of fun these next three days.

    I'm in charge of the pumpkin pie, pumkin empanadas, the mash potatoes, and getting the wine. I doubt that I'll be doing any Black Friday shopping since I would be in a food coma and then I have dance rehearsal early Friday morning (that would be interesting with a huge belly).

    Now, I want to take the time to thank you, Wendy. Thank you for being very supportive of me through my blogging experience and thank you being a great friend. One of my goals in life is to meet you some day in person :)

    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am the lady with the gun... get outta my way!
      pumkin empanadas - YUM!

      You are so sweet! Maybe someday we will meet.
      I hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Awesomeness!

    Please say you will tweet pictures of your spread?

    And I'm tempted to go out Friday too. I kinda like the madness too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great day with the family and some yummy food. I cleaned today too. Tomorrow, I'll be fixing the yams, pie, and green beans. My son is begging to go Black Friday shopping...I'm tempted just so I can see how he reacts...he doesn't have a clue...LOL.

    Have a wonderful day! And you get some screaming deals ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should take him! You need to start the men when they are young!
      You know, I don't really go for the deals - I just go because its fun!
      Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  6. Too bad we can't be there. Have a great Thanksgiving. Stuff yourself.

    Never got into Black Friday...you enjoy yourself and hope you get lots of good buys.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts