For The Love of Christmas - Dani-Lyn Alexander, Lily Carlyle, Jennifer M. Eaton, Janelle Lee


4 Stars

ABOUT THE BOOK - 
The Dollhouse by Dani-Lyn Alexander
When Jason and Leah both grab the last dollhouse left in the city, neither of them is willing to let go. They go in search of another dollhouse, and both find more than they bargain for.

Santa Bebe by Lily Carlyle
While visions of wealthy men danced in her head…will Santa bring Bebe what she’s always wanted this year?

Connect The Dots by Jennifer M. Eaton
Sad and alone, Jill cries herself to sleep on Christmas Eve, unaware of the true magic Christmas day can bring…and how discarded wishes have a way of coming true, no matter how ridiculous they may seem.

Relinquishing Christmas by Janelle Lee
Rachel McVeigh isn't about to celebrate Christmas. She has been abandoned by her husband, her God, and finds herself alone and pregnant. There would be no Christmas miracle for her... or would there?

MY REVIEW -
All of these short stories were very cute and sweet. They were just what I needed for the Christmas holiday.
They were all a little far fetched and unrealistic, so if you are looking for reality these are not for you. But they are Fiction. I never expect my fiction to be real. You can't read these and say, that would never happen.

The first one, The Doll house was sweet and fun enough to be a Lifetime or ABC Family movie. I really liked this story. I loved the characters. The only downfall was that it was a short story! I wanted more, LOL. I could see this easily being a full length book. I would have liked to see the relationship really develop.

Santa Bebe - I liked this one too. It was cute, fun, modern and flirty. I liked the main characters but didn't love them. This had a nice ending but you never find out what happens with her mom. I know this was a short story but I do wish she had finished that as well.

Connect the Dots - Yes! I loved this one! Can wishes come true? Of course they can if you dare to make them. This was a very sweet feel-good story. The kind that makes you go Awwww. Again, I could see this one as a TV movie. Very good character development. Great ending.

Relinquishing Christmas- For some reason this was my least fav. It should have felt sad but sweet, but it just didn't do anything for me. I had a hard time getting into it. And the ending should have felt great but it was just OK for me. 

THE ALL-IN-ALL -
All in all this was a very quick, sweet, clean Christmas collection of short stories. 
The Doll House and Connect The Dots were my two favorites. 
I am sorry I did not get a chance to review this before Christmas, I was swamped! Well, and I was on Vacay! 
But this would also make a nice quick "After Christmas" read!

Download the Kindle version for 2.99 - HERE 

A big thanks to Dani-Lyn Alexander (one of the authors) for sending me this e-book to read and review!

Comments

Popular Posts