Fun Friday!


A while back I joined a "Book mark exchange" at my friends blog - At Random.
I just got my book marks in the mail. I truly felt like it was Christmas!

Aren't they nice?  Thank you Amy!

One of the book marks was for a book called - "Three Rivers Rising" by Jame Richards. This book sounds so good to me! It just went on my wishlist.

Here's the overview -

 Sixteen-Year-Old Celstia spends every summer with her family at the elite resort at Lake Conemaugh, a shimmering Allegheny Mountain reservoir held in place by an earthen dam. Tired of the society crowd, Celestia prefers to swim and fish with Peter, the hotel’s hired boy. It’s a friendship she must keep secret, and when companionship turns to romance, it’s a love that could get Celestia disowned. These affairs of the heart become all the more wrenching on a single, tragic day in May, 1889. After days of heavy rain, the dam fails, unleashing 20 million tons of water onto Johnstown, Pennsylvania, in the valley below. The town where Peter lives with his father. The town where Celestia has just arrived to join him. This searing novel in poems explores a cross-class romance—and a tragic event in U. S. history.

Comments

  1. Do I see a Hello Kitty sticker in there? Amy must have done her homework!

    The purple & green bookmark is cute. Love the origami too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as a matter of fact - you do see Hello Kitty!
    I love the purple and green bookmark, its beautiful. I love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bookmarks, but always lose them! I bet if I was to do a search of the house, I would find so many of the ones that have gone missing over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Fab amount of bookmarks! Happy Friday doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! I should post up the bookmarks I got from Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you like the bookmarks, Wendy! :)
    - Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts