After The End - Group Discussion #3
"He is quite likely the stupidest boy I have ever met." - so begins chapter 21.
Here are you questions through chapter 40 (please remember to keep your comments to those chapters so as not to give spoilers).
1. About Whit - "But all the clan elders had to have been in on the deception. He isn't any guiltier than the rest of them. They all lied, not just him."
What do you think about this? Do you think they were all in on it, or do you think they know as little as Juneau?
I am seriously wondering if maybe no one else knows and maybe they are just as clueless as Juneau, or at least maybe only a select few may know.
2. Juneau finds out Whit might be warning her with this note signing - "Your Friend Whit". Who do you think the soldier men are, and why do they want to find her?
I think the soldier men might are the government and they either want her because is just the last one left and they don't want to leave any links... or she is the "all powerful one" the most important and they need her for government use, or to study her?
3. If you needed to leave a note to warn someone in a not so obvious way - who would you write to and what would you say?
I would leave a note for my daughter and it would say -
"Don't worry about me. I am fine. I just went to McDonald's for a hamburger"
She would know right away - I never go to McDonald's, and I never eat hamburgers!
4. "No one experiences aging. No one dies, unless its an accident."
OK so whats up with this??? What is your theory so far on the Yara, and non aging etc.?
At first I thought the Yara was spiritual, but now I am thinking Science. Like The Yara is a name for a scientific experiment. Like genetic mutation of some kind??? LOL I may be way off!
5. Juneau says "Why did I feel safer in a postapocalyptic world than in this functioning, civilized world?"
In what world would you feel more comfortable?
I think I would prefer somewhere in the middle. I definitely like a more simple life with gardening, homesteading and living in a clan instead of a city. Kind of like a commune.
But I would like some of the conveniences of the modern world - iPhone, iPad, K-cup maker, and Kohls!
6. When eating Pop-tarts, Juneau says it her "desert food" -
If you were stuck on an island what foods in these categories would you choose?
(you do not have to choose wisely, just choose fun!)
* Snack or dessert
Mine would be -
drink - coffee (with cream and sugar)
entree' - pizza
snack or dessert - ice cream
extra - broccoli (I know thats a weird choice but I really love broccoli!)
7. Any other thoughts or comments on the book so far?
How are you liking it?
Are you liking the characters?
I am liking the book so far. I love the characters. I loved that they added Poe (the bird), that was a nice touch and I loved the fuss Miles had over it, LOL.
I am just wondering WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON???? I can't wait to get some real answers.
The next discussion will be next week, the 27th - which will be the wrap-up discussion. So read away - finish the book! Then you all will be asked to a review post on your blog between the 27th and 31st.