Its a Non-Fiction Saturday!

 
Artisan Preserving
Over 100 recipes for jams, chutneys and relishes, pickles, 
sauces and cordials, and cured meats and fish
By Emma Macdonald
 5 Stars!

ABOUT THE BOOK -
Everyone can enjoy the fruits of their labors with Artisan Preserving - whether you have foraged, picked produce from your own vegetable garden or allotment, or searched out the best seasonal buys in the supermarket or market. Whether you want to preserve fruit and vegetables, meat or fish, mushrooms, flowers or nuts, this book has over 200 recipes for them all.

MY REVIEW -
This is an excellent book. If you are a gardener or are planning on having a garden then this book is a must! There are very good instructions, quite a few pictures, and a wide variety. There are very good directions on how to get started, what you need to have and sterilizing the equipment.

There are chapters on -
Jams and marmalades
Jellies and curds
Conserved and bottled
Chutneys and relishes
Pickles and sauces
Candied, cured, dried and canned

I used to make about 35 jars of jam a year and I used to can tomatoes. But I haven't had a garden in many years. Now that we are moving to a new house I plan on having a garden again and plan on doing a lot of jam making and canning. This book is perfect for me and I am excited to use it.



I also downloaded "Preserving: A Complete Collection of Classic and Contemporary Ideas" but they both seem to be the exact same book and maybe changed the name? At least I couldn't find any differences. If they are different - someone please let me know.

Thank you Netgalley and Watkins Publishing Limited for giving me this e-book for my honest review.

Get your copy from Amazon - HERE

Comments

Popular Posts