2/9/15

Give Your Heart a Break - Helen Peterson

3 Stars

ABOUT THE BOOK -
Gorgeous? Check.
Wealthy? Check.
Sweet? Double check.
When Rachel Thomas meets Mason Conner, it seems she has found a man who is everything she’s ever wanted. After years of the single girl life in New York City, she’s due for some luck in the romance department. But with her less than stellar track record, Rachel can’t seem to let go of her past failures to fall too hard.
That is until Mason’s ex-fiancĂ© reappears, determined to steal him back. With more than winning Mr. Perfect’s heart on the line, is Rachel finally ready to give her heart a break?

ABOUT THE AUTHOR -
Helen is a native of Toronto Canada who went to college to pursue Marketing . She currently works at a bank as an administrative assistant but her love of writing and telling stories that others can relate to has helped her complete her first manuscript Give Your Heart a Break. Helen has always loved telling a story especially through song, Staring in all her high school musical theater productions Like Oliver! And Anything Goes. Helen currently resides in Markham Ontario.

MY THOUGHTS -
This book was an OK read for me. It was fun and flirty and I did like the characters. I liked it but didn't love it.
My problem was that it did drag a bit in spots and it all wrapped up a little too neatly in a big bow. I would have liked a little more guessing and angst I guess. I know I am always one to say that I don't care about predictability, but in this book it bothered me. I also never really fell in love with the Male lead and that is a common problem with me. It takes a great male character for me to love them and this wasn't it.
I did enjoy the ex coming back to stalk them, that was fun (gee now I sound demented!) but I would have actually loved a little more of that in the book! I mean if you are gonna write a Chick-lit you have to go all the way.
This was still a fun read though and I did enjoy it enough to recommend it - There was a lot of snark in here that I also  loved :-)  it was a good Chick-lit book.

I do think I would give this author another chance if she writes a second book. I think she does have potential!

Thank you Marching Inc and Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours for sending me this e-book for my honest review.

Get your copy from Amazon - HERE (only 2.99, so totally worth it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment