The Well Path - Week 1

***  I am now at 145 lbs. for a loss of 1 lb since last week, the start of The Well Path. For a total of 25 lbs lost since Sept of 2015!

"Tell your body its going to feast (instead of famine), feel strong (instead of stressed), and be nurtured (instead of neglected), and then do the work and watch it thrive!"





C.H.A.N.G.E. Strategies for week one -

Circulation goal - drink 8oz. of hot lemon water every morning..
I am doing this! It was hard to remember to do it at first, but I think I've got it now.

Hunger - keep a hunger diary - I am choosing  not to do this. I do not really have a problem with over eating, or eating the wrong foods.
But - this is a good time to remind you that I am a vegetarian and also a healthy food nut!

Activity goal - Add 15 min of activity everyday. I am actually trying to work out at least 5 days a week! So I am trying to add 15 min each day. The best time for me to do this is in the evening after dinner.

Nutrition goal - Again, I am a very healthy eater! And I am a label fanatic! I will stand in the grocery store and read every single label until I find one I like! I know this probably annoys the heck out of the other shoppers  :-/  but - oh well!
The book says to not eliminate foods that you love! And I totally agree! If you stop eating them, you will only want them more. And you WILL sneak them and then you will feel terrible thinking that you cheated! Just eat them sparingly! If you love chocolate - have one small piece of chocolate everyday, but consider it a treat! And know in your mind that is your treat!

Soup - The program has you eating 2c. of soup everyday. I made three different kinds of soup and froze them in 2c. portions. I made Split pea, a multi bean and spinach soup, and a white bean and broccoli soup! YUM! I love soup and I love making soup!
Now, that being said - I am choosing NOT to eat soup every day. I am having it prob. 4 days a week. But again - I am already a healthy eater.


Sleep goals - I have a pretty good sleep schedule - I am in bed every night between 10-11. and I get up at 7. So at this time I don't feel like anything needs to change.

Exercise - Plan exercise with a workout buddy. I am planning to mainly work out with my buddy on Mon., Wed., and Fri. We will throw in an extra day now and then!
I am also keeping a diary of the exercise I do in a week so I can see it on paper.


OK, so there you have it! My week one.
See you next week for week 2. 
And - please comment! Tell me your stories. Your success, your failures, your motivation, what works for you. I want to hear them!
 

Comments

  1. You go girl!!! Even though you are pretty healthy already, I like how you still find ways to be even healthier. lol

    I need to get back in the program. Being back in school has reminded me why I gained so much weight as an undergrad...all the stress eating!!! Aaahh!!! I really need to do better in buying quick snacks that don't spoil too fast and that are much healthier when I am writing essays and reading hundreds of pages from textbooks. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts