The Well Path - Week 2



"The theme of this week is adjustment. The changes you're making should become part of your daily routine. This isn't a diet to power through for a month. It's a course of action to change the trajectory of your longer, leaner, happier life."

C.H.A.N.G.E. Strategies for week two -

Circulation - Start pranayama breathing (Pranayama is the control and extension of the breath which awakens Prana (life force energy). Practicing the way you inhale and exhale can help you manipulate your vital energy to successfully activate or soothe your mood.). Basically it is a deep, controlled breathing exercise.
 I have not started doing this - I will start this weekend!

Activity - I have added 15 min. of "non-exercise" activity to my evening.


Nutrition - Did not make a new soup - I have plenty left in the freezer. I will make more for next week.

One of the suggestions is to shop at a new store and look for new ingredients to cook with. I have kind of done this. I have been shopping at a new-to-me natural food store for a few months now, but I am also buying more foods in different departments at my grocery store.

Some new things I am trying are - Chili oil (it is hot! you don't meed much, but adds a wonderful flavor to stirfry veggies). peanut sauce (I have always made my own) I found this kind that has a kick to it, a little spice - I love it.

Exercise - Stretching - It says to stretch for 10 min after exercise - I stretch for 5 min. before and for 5 min. after. I also think I am going to do some stretches for my non-exercise activity in the evening.

And... The big news... I have started running! Holy crap, yes running! My "buddy" and I are using this app (suggested by my daughter) called Couch to 5K (C25K). It is an app to help ease you into running through interval running.

Week 1 you start by brisk walking 5 min. then run for 60 sec., walk for 90 sec., repeat the run & walk 8 times, than do a cool down walk.

This explains it - http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
This is the app for Android (for Samsung etc.) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.c25k&hl=en
This is the app from iTunes (for iPhones) - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/c25k-5k-trainer-free-go-from/id485971733?mt=8


Our goal is to run a 5K in the Fall. (My daughter is doing this with us too).

So that was my week two.
On to week three. And please wish us luck with our interval running!

Comments

Popular Posts