ABOUT THE BOOK -
What will my life be like? Who will I be? Whether girls put these concerns into words or struggle anxiously with these thoughts, during this season of change, girls have questions. Sometimes these questions also come with fears and they need a safe place to process these fears. From Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker and blogger, Lynn Cowell, comes Faithgirlz Brave Beauty: Finding the Fearless You. For girls 8-12, Brave Beauty brings tweens 100 courage-building moments to reflect on Scripture and find confidence in God, rather than in someone, some place, or some thing, as culture will all-too-soon tell them to. Lynn will also prepare girls to:
- Overcome confidence-defeating thoughts and stand on who Jesus says she is.
- Shape her self-worth on Christ and overcome the temptation base it on environmental factors.
- Build a strong foundation to face the fickle and flippant opinions of others.
- Find approval of herself even when she lacks the acceptance of others.
- Find security by turning to Christ as she steps through the exciting, yet scary world of growing up
Lynn Cowell is a part of the Proverbs 31 Ministries speaking team, speaking to pre-teens, teens, multi-generational and women’s conferences and retreats on a regular basis. Girls often come up to her saying, "How did you know that's what I was going through?" Hearing direction and guidance on critical issues they face, Lynn encourages them to reach their fullest potential by finding the relationship in Christ they were created them for. For the past 18 years, her ministry has helped thousands of girls and their moms:
- Replace loneliness, rejection, and pain with acceptance, affirmation, and approval.
- Make decisions that lead women to reaching their fullest potential, rather than being a victim to emotionally-based decisions.
- Shift faith in Jesus from a parental influence to a personal, growing relationship.
- Develop and stick to boundaries that protect the heart, mind, and body.
- Communicate with guys and other girlfriends in a healthy and positive way.
Visit her website - HERE
MY THOUGHTS -
Very nice for a... I would say, preteen. This book covers a lot of issues - self worth, belonging, friendship, body changes, courage, peer pressure, bullying, choices and so many more! This is all done in a nice, gentle and Godly way.
Each devotion is 1 - 2 pages long with something extra at the end, either a few questions, or something to do or think about, and then a short prayer.
I really think young girls will enjoy doing this. It might be something you want to start together with them and then let them finish on their own. That way you can discuss what is being said but also let them have their personal time in private to answer the questions. I think I would have loved something like this when I was that age.
But wait... another thought! - This book is also good for parents. Have you, as a parent ever had a tough time bringing a certain subject up and discussing it with your daughter? Well this book can open the door for such a conversation. Use this to get through to your kids. Use this to get them to devote to God and use it to help them to make better choices and become a better person.
I voluntarily posted this review after receiving a copy of this book from Handlebar Publishing ~ Thank You!
Order your copy from Amazon - HERE