After The End - Group Discussion!
Hopefully you have all read at least through chapter 20. There are still a couple of people I have not heard from, so maybe they will join us this time around.,
For those of you who have read ahead - please only answer using thru chapter 20. (Please no spoilers).
Here are your questions for thought -
1. How do you like the book so far?
I am loving the book. It is not what I expected! And I like that. There are little surprises around every corner.
2. What do you think of the characters?
I love the characters. But I especially love them, Miles and Juneau, now that they are together! They are hilarious together! I couldn't get a feel for Juneau's personality at first but now that she is with Miles I love her - she is snarky! I love the way she makes fun of him in her mind, LOL.
3. This book starts out reminding me of the TV show "Revolution" and turns into "The Village" (one of my favorite movies!), then... it turned into Mulan! With her cutting her hair and pretending to be a boy (another of my fav movies)..
What does this book remind you of?
4. What do you think about the paranormal parts - being able to conjure, and the Yara - what do you think that is?
I like the para parts because I love reading those kinds of books! So that is just another nice added touch for me. I am really wondering about "The Yara" though and can't wait to find out.
This is a quote from the book -
"My brain hurts. I am so out of my comfort zone that I might as well be in the Amazon, swimming with piranhas."
5. You finish the sentence -
I am so far out of my comfort zone I might as well be _____________.
eating a hamburger on the crowded streets of NYC! (I'm a vegetarian).
6. Describe a scenario that could cause mass hysteria and possibly the end of life as we know it!
Running out of coffee!
Everyone running around frantically searching for the last beans that can be ground. Black market coffee, and trading them for diamonds and gold - and a k-cup! Don't even go there, you would have to be a millionaire to get one of those.
As coffee slowly runs out people start to not function properly, everyone gets headaches from caffeine withdrawal, people start falling asleep on the job, if they are even able to get out of bed in the morning. All industry and business start to shut down.
This is not a world I want to live in!
Any other comment about the book you would like to add?
Any questions you have?
What the heck is going on? Is this truly like the village where everyone is being deceived, living a lie? And is Whit in on it?
And for an add bonus - this is our theme song -
Its the End of the World as We Know it - REM (I happen to be a huge fan of REM)