Fun Friday!


Winner! -
Forgotten - Vonnie! at "Vonnie's Reading Corner"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
*** Sorry guys but I had to put "word verification" back on because I was getting soooo many spam comments on old posts! 
UGH! I hate that! Seriously? Spam on blogs? Get a life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friends & Family Interview #11

Oh my goodness, Dar and I have been blog friends forever! I think she is my oldest blog friend (the one I have known the longest, not the oldest in age, heehee). Her blogs was one of the first book blogs i found, before I even knew about book blogging. I just had my personal blog back then! I love her blog! It is simple and easy to read and we like a lot of the same genre of books! On Sunday's she always puts something person on along with some great pics.
Dar and I have been through a lot of personal history together. It is amazing how close you can become with someone just through blogging. Dar and I have never met in person and yet I do feel like I know her! And I do consider her one of my closest friends!

Take a hop on over to her blog Peeking Between the Pages - HERE

Here she is with her sweet pup - Sammy!


1. How long have you lived in your area?
I have lived in Alberta all my life - born and raised. My husband know quite a few people from Alberta and some day we might get the chance to go there. So don't be surprised if I show up at your doorstep sometime!

2. What are the best things about living there and what are the worst?
Well the worst thing is easy and that's the snow!  It gets bitterly cold and the roads get slippery - it's not much fun. Yes, living in upstate NY I definitely feel your pain!
The best thing would be my family and friends. My parents are both here as are my two best friends and my puppy of course!

3. What is your favorite food to eat? And what is your favorite food to cook?
My favorite food to eat will probably be out of the ordinary but it's polenta (cornmeal for those who aren't familiar with it) done with onions and garlic and then smothered in butter and cheese once it's done. Yummo!  Sounds good to me! My favorite food to cook is roast chicken with potatoes and carrots simply because I love the smell of it cooking. It's so homey and comforting! I love roasted chicken, Especially when someone else makes it!

4. What is your favorite smell or scent?
My favorite smell is the smell of my pup Sammy - even his stinky paws! hahaha yuck! Well I guess that's love!  LOL. I love to snuggle him and bury my nose in his fur - he has his very own smell and its comforting to me. 

5. If you were given a week and all the money you need - how would you spend it?
Gosh, I'm a simple girl. I would pack up my dad and I and take him in on his dream trip to Alaska on a cruise ship. Just me and him enjoying the beautiful views and spending time together. I know that doesn't seem like much but my dad has been having health problems lately and to me it would be the best thing I could spend money on for both of us. Awww that is so sweet! My husband and I have always wanted to go to Alaska.

6. What is the last music you listened to (and be honest!)?
It was a mix - there was Land of Dreams by Rosanne Cash (love that song), Moves Like Jagger, Yuck - my daughter loves Maroon 5 and When We Stand Together by Nickelback Yay LOVE Nickelback! and I love that song! I love the drumbeat part!- just to name a few. 

7. If you could give one million dollors to one charity, what would it be? and why?
It would be to breast cancer research.  Breast cancer has deeply affected my family and taken many people who were very important to me including my best friend five years ago. My cousin was just diagnosed with it and had surgery. It's such a devastating disease and I'd want to help if I could. Yes, I totally agree! It has taken a few people close to me as well.

8. What is the one thing around the house that you hate doing?
I hate cleaning bathrooms!  I always have - I do it but I don't like it! You know funny but I don't really mind cleaning the bathroom!

9. What is your favorite thing to do for fun?
Oh gosh, I'm boring - lol.  One of my favourite things to do is cuddle is up on the couch with my best friend and my dog and watch a movie and eat a bunch of junk food. Hey I love curling up and watching movies! And I just love that all the Christmas movies are on now!

10. Surprise me!
Hmmmmmm, surprise you...  One day I'm going to come and visit you!  I wish you could!!!!! Lol. Of course, that's as soon as I get brave enough to get on a plane...  But seriously I'll share with you that I'm an incredibly emotional person. I cry at everything - books I read, movies I watch, and even the news whether it be a happy or sad story. I'm just a big wuss! Me too!!! I cry at movies, TV shows, books, songs and even commercials!

Thanks for having me on your blog Wendy. I've known you since you started blogging and we formed a friendship...  I'm always grateful that we did!
It was a pleasure having you Dar - you know I love you babe!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Other Interviews so far -

Ashley, my daughter from "Fictionista"
Jen, my friend from "At Random"    

Aris, an author friend from - "Aris Whittier"
Casey, my niece - HERE 
Juju, a book blogging friend -  "Tales of Whimsy"
Vonnie, Book blogging and Shelfari friend - "Vonnie's Reading Corner" 
Gina, Book blog friend from - "Hott Books
Paula, my oldest niece - HERE 
Sam, an author friend - Samantha Sotto
Diane, my friend - HERE 

Comments

  1. Not boring at all. And I LOVE polenta. But I like mine fried or baked into little discs. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I follow her blog! It's pretty awesome.

    I've never had polenta. I'm going to have to try it sometime.

    Btw, thanks for the book! Can't wait to get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm just making it over tonight but haven't been feeling well. Awwww, you made me weepy over this post. You know me - crying over everything. lol.

    It would be awesome to meet you someday. That's the one thing about being in Canada that's not so good - I am so far away from everyone!

    I agree that it seems odd that you can feel you know someone so well only through blogging and email but it happens. You're one of my closest friends - like I said we formed a bond that I am always grateful for.

    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who cries at everything. I'm excited that all the Christmas movies are on now too but a couple of them that I watched this weekend had me in tears. lol.

    Love ya my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts